Bryson DeChambeau, who is on the elite list of those who have won both the U.S. Amateur and the NCAA individual titles, and after finishing as low amateur in the Masters has turned professional and signed an equipment contract with Cobra Golf. The much heralded former player for SMU shares the Amateur and NCAA distinctions with Jack Nicklaus, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods and Ryan Moore but is perhaps even better known for carrying irons of equal length and a very obvious single plane swing.
He is playing this week at the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head Island and besides the Cobra clubs will be wearing Puma Golf apparel including the Hogan-style cap that has become a trademark for the 22-year old.
DeChambeau’s club specifications presently are:
- Driver: Cobra King F6+ Pro 7 degrees with an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70X shaft
- 3 wood: Cobra King F6 14.2 degree–Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70X shaft
- Utility: KING Utility Iron 18.5 degrees –Project X HZRDUS Black Hybrid 6.5
- Irons: Edel Prototype (3-P)–KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (all 37.5 inch length)
- Lofts: 25 (3), 30 (5), 34 (6), 38 (7), 42 (8), 46 (P)
- Wedges: Cobra King V Grind 50, 55 and 60 degree–37.5 inch length
“Bryson has this unique combination of talent, ingenuity and personality that makes him such a dynamic golfer and a great fit for the COBRA PUMA GOLF brands. He shares in our mission of Game Enjoyment and our desire to grow the game and make it more fun and inclusive for golfers of all levels,” said Robert Philion, President & CEO of COBRA PUMA Golf. “Right away we noticed his progressive approach to the game, which is rooted in science and art, along with his passion and dedication. We can’t be more thrilled to have him as part of our COBRA PUMA GOLF family.”WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?