Need a New Putter?
Each year New England Golf has the opportunity to evaluate the latest golf equipment, so here is a guide to our favorite putters for 2017. Our guide to the best putters 2017 has to offer includes blades and mallets, and models from the likes of Cleveland Golf, PING, MLA, Bettinardi, TaylorMade and more!
Bettinardi Queen B Series
- #8 is a classic mallet with squared profile, perimeter weighting in rear bumpers and ¼ toe hang.
- #9 is a rounded flow neck mallet for those with an arcing stroke.
- Both of soft carbon steel with satin silver finish.
- Price: $400
Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection
- Three blades and three mallets with milled pattern on face four times deeper than previous models.
- Soft 304 stainless provides great feel and allows easy customization.
- Price: $100
- Features a new patented technology called Multiple Line-Detector Activation providing the maximum number sight lines for optimal aim and hole more putts.
- Our favorite line is the Tour Series which comes in Classic, Mallet and XDream models.
- Prices: $299 or buy all there for $799.
Ping PLD 2 Camo Ketch Series
- Two mallet shapes with camo paint pattern.
- Heads milled from 6061 aluminum and have Ping’s True Roll face.
- Stainless steel sole weights to raise resistance to twisting.
- Price: $325
Ping Sigma G Family
- 16 head shapes from traditional Anser to modern mallet Wolverine T.
- High-response elastomer-backed milled aluminum face giving softer feeling impact and consistent ball speeds.
- Price: $195 to $235
- 4 head shapes to choose from combining customization, art and British engineering.
- Design your own online for $440 including shipping with choice of material, hosel, sight line, text, grips, paint and more.
Exotics David Glod Tour Series
- 5 head shapes, 2 grip options and 2 finishes to choose from.
- CNC milled X-grip face pattern for better feel, more speed control and less skidding.
- A high toe profile eliminates raising the toe at address and missing putts left.
- Price: $249.99
Evnroll ER Series
- Three new models – the ER3 wing blade and two mallets – the ER7 and ER8.
- Each have the unique face milling of the 303 stainless steel head with grooves wider in the center and narrower towards ends.
- Prices: $329 to $359
Odyssey O-Works Series
- Popular Odyssey shapes including 2-ball and Tank.
- Face insert is steel mesh with tiny hinges with outer layer of elastomer.
- Hinges fold slightly at impact for added overspin.
- Price: $230
Odyssey Toulon Design 2017
- Winged Indianapolis model and three blades all with deep milled grooves.
- Each with regular and two counterbalanced weightings for either aggressive or moderate release.
- Price: $400 to $460
PXG Bat Attack
- Winged mallet with aluminum body and weighted toe and heel wings which are set at width of ball to aid with alignment.
- Stainless steel face insert backed by elastomer to enhance feel.
- Price: $550
- Face separated from body with polymer layer for smooth roll and vibration dampening.
- Three polymer densities (green/soft red/medium, blue/firm) modify feel and impact response for distance control.
- Price: $299
Scotty Cameron Futura
- Seven mallet styles with aircraft grade aluminum wrap-around face-sole mated with stainless steel to improve MOI.
- Built in vibration dampening heel/toe weighting and improved alignment.
- Price: $410
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3
- Classic mid-mallet Newport head tear-drop shaped, heel shafted with flow neck allowing toe release.
- Milled aircraft grade aluminum insert fused to stainless steel body with vibration dampening layer.
- Price: $379
TaylorMade Spider Tour Platinum
- Joins Black and Red models but with added sight line on crown of the face balanced mallet.
- Grooves in polymer insert at 45° to increase top spin and improve forward roll.
- Price: $220
TaylorMade TP Collection
- Six models, two classic blades, two classic mallets and two modern mid-mallets.
- Skim-milled 303 stainless steel head.
- Grooves in soft polymer insert are at 45° to reduce skidding and help better forward roll.
- Price: $200