STAY AND PLAY
Penn National Golf Community, located in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, is only 20 minutes west of historic Gettysburg, PA, and 3.5 hours from New York City. The 85,000-acre Michaux State Forest, championship golf courses and the quality and variety of the amenities available to residents, have drawn more than 1,000 residents to this beautiful community. For golfers, Penn National Golf Club has two nationally-recognized, 18-hole championship golf courses – the Founders course and Iron Forge courses. Since 1999, both have consistently been awarded four stars by Golf digest’s “Places to Play” and top ratings by Zagat Guide’s “America’s Top Golf Courses.”
In addition to some of the most beautiful golf courses in the country, Penn National residents live alongside the 85,000-acre Michaux State Forest and near other state parks and the Appalachian Trail. A community garden provides enough space for residents to grow their own vegetables, and the forest makes for scenic walks, hikes, biking, legendary fishing and all manner of outdoor pursuits. Memorial through Labor Day, residents enjoy a heated outdoor swimming pool and two regulation-size tennis courts. When the weather is poor, indoor swimming, tennis and all-weather golf complex is available.
Penn National is not your typical 55 plus community. In fact, it’s not a mandatory 55 plus community at all–but nearly all residents are over 55. Penn National Retirement Community offers a diverse selection of customer housing options, including single-family homes, condos, villas and new builds with three different neighborhoods to choose from:
Penn National is different from many of the 55+ Communities you may visit in many ways:
- The large 55+ developers are primarily production builders with many communities and we are a family-owned business with one Community–they develop and move on, this is where we live.
- The production builders want you to commit to a completed home on a homesite where they can build out a specific area and achieve savings through scale;
- At Penn National, we let you select a homesite now and then build when you’re ready. This production builder’s way is better for Them–Our way is better for YOU because you can “lock in” where your want to live NOW and then build when the time is right
- The big guys are really production builders with a limited set of models | We are NOT builders but rather match you with one of our local craftsman builders to help you get the house that YOU want;
- This means you can choose one of our home plans and work with the builder to customize it, or, you can bring your own plan. You will work directly with the builder to get the house you have been dreaming about. All Penn National Builders are small family-owned businesses who are involved with the planning, pricing, construction and service of your home after sale.
Homesites from $75,000. Homes from the low $200’s to mid-$300’s. No Master Association fees and Pennsylvania does not tax retirement income.
St. Annes community is comprised of custom single-family home sites that border the Michaux State Forest and several holes on the Iron Forge Golf Course. Homes from the mid-$300’s
St Andrews, the Fairway Homes is comprised of maintenance association single-family homes that border the Founders Course, between the 6th and 7th fairways of the Founders course. Choose from 4 designs starting in the low $300’s
Homestead Cottages offer smaller, customized floor plans in single-family homes available in ranch or 1.5 story designs. Choose from 3 plans starting in the mid-$200’s including the homesite.
Named one of the “50 Best Master-Planned Retirement Communities in the US” by Where to Retire Magazine!
Penn National Retirement Community – A Great Place To LiveWHAT'S YOUR REACTION?