MALIBU, CA (May 7, 2013) — Golf 36 holes on June 21st at your local golf course in solidarity with hundreds of other golfers throughout the U.S. to raise awareness and funds to fight cancer. The Golf To End Cancer Marathon is a fun way for golfers to band together to support the fight against cancer. Just raise pledge dollars from friends and associates via an easy to use online fundraising platform and go play golf at any golf course on June 21! Or, if you can’t golf that day, golf another day that week or help by donating in support of one of our many golfers, including celebrity participants to date:
* Writer, Producer & TV Host A.J. Ali (golfing at Malibu Golf Club)
* Back 9 Network TV Host Jennifer Bosworth
* Former NFL player Andre Collins, now Executive Director of NFLPA Retired Players
* NFL Hall of Famer Chris Doleman and Founder of Celebrity Charitable Network
* Jazz music star and CEO of FLO Brands, Marcus Johnson (golfing at Malibu Golf Club)
* Golf TV Host, Wendy Pellegrino (golfing at Naperville Country Club)
* New York Times Best Selling Author, Robert A. Schuller
* Former NFL player Mike Scully, now Director of Golf at Desert Mountain
FUNDS RAISED WILL HELP FAMILIES IN YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY. In each metropolitan area where there are golfers participating, a family affected by cancer will be selected to receive financial assistance to help them with medical bills, household bills, transportation, food or other needs. The remaining funds will be used in our ongoing local and national efforts to use golf to promote wellness and cancer prevention education. At least half of the funds raised in each market will be put to use in that local market.
Golf courses all over America are signing up to host golfers, with many of them offering special rates or added value. Here are are just a few of the many places golfers will be teeing it up coast to coast to fight cancer on June 21:
* Ford’s Colony Country Club in Williamsburg, VA (www.fordscolonycc.com)
* Island Hills Golf Club in Centreville, MI (www.islandhillsgolf.com)
* Naperville, Country Club in Naperville, IL (www.napervillecc.org)
* Malibu Golf Club in Malibu, CA (www.themalibugolfclub.com)
* See our website below for a complete list of golf courses offering special rates or added value on June 21. If your local golf course is not listed, ask the pro to participate in this special day.
Golfers will receive gifts and prizes for money raised, best outfits, funniest videos, funniest photos and more. The golfer who raises the most support will be named the G2EC 2013 Golfer Of The Year and will receive a grand prize including an all-expenses paid trip to be honored at the 2013 Miracle Worker Awards Dinner & G2EC VIP Golf Outing in the Fall of 2013. Other prizes for golfers include golf apparel, golf equipment, VIP golf trips and more!
Visit www.golftoendcancer.org/marathon to learn more, see our celebrity/VIP promo video and sign up to golf or donate! (Additionally, funds raised will help with wellness and cancer prevention education programs nationwide)
About Marathon of Miracles. Marathon of Miracles (MOM) is a 501c3 nonprofit focusing on wellness and cancer prevention education and providing help to families affected by cancer; and was founded by writer, producer and TV Host A.J. Ali and his wife Jane, a breast cancer survivor.
About Golf To End Cancer. Golf to End Cancer (G2EC) is a MOM program designed to promote wellness and cancer prevention through its networking web site (www.golftoendcancer.org), social media pages, corporate partnerships, Miracle Wellness Day events, G2EC Putting Challenge events and the G2EC Marathon event.WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?