With all the snow we got nailed with during the holidays in the northeast, and the cabin fever that came along with it, I’m dying to hit the links again. Santa brought me a new 3-wood (Taylor Made SuperFast), and new set of “spikes”… I say that in quotes because I grabbed a pair of the Ecco Street Premiere’s that Freddy Couples has been sporting and making them ubercool. But unfortunately I’ll have to wait a few months before I can hit the links for real. So instead I’m relagated to Playstation and watching the beautiful locations that the PGA Tour will be stopping by at, while I’m watching the snow fall and the wind blow outside my windows.
What I’m looking forward to in 2011
- Tiger Woods’ comeback. I’m VERY interested to see how he comes back this year and if he starts to show signs of his old dominance. Also, if he’ll win a major this year. I’ve never been a Tiger fan, but everybody likes a “comeback” right?
- Rickie Fowler winning on tour. Rickie came close a bunch, and made a lot of noise. He also brought in a lot of new fans to the game. I love his style (both fashion and playing style), and he’s got his head on straight. Looking forward to his first win.
- How will Jamie Lovemark fair? He absolutely lit up the Nationwide Tour. It will be fun to watch if he’s another young gun that will start to make a name for himself on the big tour.
- What will Phil do next? Mickelson didn’t do a heck of a lot outside of his Masters win. Although that shot on 16 at Augusta is the biggest memory of mine from last season. It will be interesting to see how he bounces back this year, as he starts to enter in to his 40’s.
- Will Dustin Johnson put himself in position again to win a major? It’s hard to believe the kid is only 26, but man is he fun to watch. I’m really pulling for him and hope he gets in position again and this time takes one home.
- How long will Lee Westwood hang on to the #1 ranking? I think throughout the year we’ll see a lot of flip-flopping among him, Tiger, and Martin Kaymer.
Right now it’s a balmy 32 degrees outside my window, and the Hyundai Tournament of Champions kicks off in three days in Hawaii. Aloha my friends, I’m pumped.WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?